The Learning Center provides educational materials and best practice guidelines for health records/health information management professionals around the world.
The educational modules provided on the web site of the International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA) are designed and provided by IFHIMA as educational resources to provide opportunities for education and communication between persons working in the field of health records/information management around the world. Adherence to the guidelines and other information contained in the modules is completely voluntary and does not necessarily assure a successful outcome. Nor should this information be considered inclusive of all proper policies and procedures or exclusive of others reasonably directed to obtaining the same results.
IFHIMA makes no guarantee of the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information contained in the modules, and shall not be liable for any decision made in reliance on this information.
Education Modules for Basic Health Records Practice
- Modules Index
- Curriculum Outline
- Clinical Coding
- Module 1: The Health Record
- Module 2: Patient Identification and Master Patient Index
- Module 3: Record Identification Systems Filing and Retention of Health Records
- Module 4: Healthcare Statistics
- Module 5a: Disease & Procedure Classification and Indexing ICD-9
- Module 5b: Disease & Procedure Classification and Indexing ICD-10
- Module 5c(1): Coding Exercises ICD-9 Study Notes
- Module 5c(2): Coding Exercises ICD-9 Answers
- Module 5d: Coding Exercise ICD-9, Respiratory, Digestive & GU Study notes
- Module 5e(1): Coding Exercise Study Notes
- Module 5e(2): Coding Exercise Answers
- Module 6: Hospital Health Record Computer Applications
- Module 7: Administration & Management of a Health Record Department
- Module 8: Planning a Health Record Department
- Module 9: Educator’s Manual