The Learning Center provides educational materials and informative articles for health records/health information management professionals around the world. Included in this Center are IFHIMA and our member nation webcasts, the IFHIMA Learning Modules and articles.
The educational modules available below are designed and provided by IFHIMA as educational resources to provide opportunities for education and communication between persons working in the field of health records/information management around the world. Adherence to the guidelines and other information contained in the modules is completely voluntary and does not necessarily assure a successful outcome. Nor should this information be considered inclusive of all proper policies and procedures or exclusive of others reasonably directed to obtaining the same results.
IFHIMA makes no guarantee of the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information contained in the modules, and shall not be liable for any decision made in reliance on this information.
PLEASE NOTE: The IFHIMA Board and dedicated volunteer HIM Professionals around the globe, are to be thanked for their work throughout 2018, to update the Education Modules as presented. Updates reflect the ever evolving health information management profession and global health care delivery, which is also in a constant state of evolution and change. The HIM community appreciates your efforts and support of your international federation!
Marci MacDonald, CHIM
IFHIMA President 2016 – 2019
Education Modules for Basic Health Records Practice
- Module 1: The Health Record-From Paper to Electronic
- Module 2: Patient Identification and Master Patient (Personal) Index
- Module 3: Establishing and Managing a HIM Department/Service
- Module 4: Filing, Tracking and Retention of Health Records
- Module 5: Privacy and Security of Health Information
- Module 6: Health Classification Systems
- Module 7: Hospital and Health Record Computer Applications
- Module 8: Healthcare Statistics
- Module 9: Emerging Trends In Health Information Management
- Module 10: Introduction to Creating a Health Information Management Program