- Posted by Admin GIT
- On June 17, 2019
- 0 Comments
4th National Conference HIMA INDIA CONFERENCE – 2018
02nd & 03rd Nov 2018 at
Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Hyderabad, Telangana State – India
The conference was organized by HIMA India in association with Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute (BIACH&RI), Hyderabad – India. It was inaugurated by the Chief Executive Officer of BIACH&RI.
HIMA INDIA CONFERENCE – 2018 focused mainly on the theme “Implementation of EHR for effective patient care”. The Conference was packed with exciting scientific session formats and a plethora of expert speakers from national and international areas addressing timely topics.
The objectives of the conference were:
- Presentation of scientific papers, panel discussion to enhance the knowledge of the participants.
- Building network among the HIM professionals
- Discuss the challenges encountered by professionals and the solutions adopted
- Select the State secretaries to expand the activities in various states in the country
About 40 national and international renowned speakers with vast experience in HIM, IT, Healthcare management and allied fields presented papers on the following topics.
- Implementation of Electronic Health records its problems & solutions
- HIM Professionals contribution in 21st Century in achieving Digital India
- Physician treats patient and HIM treats Hospital
- HIM Professionals to meet the challenges of revolutionized healthcare system
- Future of HIM education and required skills in the 21stcentury
- High quality documentation with legal requirements & its benefits
- Cost benefit analysis for effective governance of EHR
- Role of HIM in Quality Assurance and Patient Safety
More than 15 practicing doctors presented and shared their experience with regards to EHR practices in patient care.
Panel Discussion: One fantastic case presentation and panel discussion was held related to availability of Health Information lead by an Engineering professor who was survived from Cancer.
Participants: More than 280 participants from HIM and IT professionals, students, Doctors, Nurses, Quality assurance and hospital management /administrative personnel across the country participated. All the presented articles were compiled and printed in the proceedings (Souvenir) and distributed to the participants.
Selection of State Secretaries
The general body meeting was conducted on 02nd Nov 2018, between 5.00pm and 7.00pm to select the State Secretaries, those who work for the HIMA India and expand the activities of the Association. Over 280 gathered for the conference, with about 125 HIMA India members and delegates who came from different states of the country participated in this meeting. The job responsibility of State Secretary and 2019 roadmap was discussed, and necessary decisions were taken.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Mementos were given to all speakers and Participation certificates were given to all the participants
- Dr. G D Mogli’s Award for Professional excellence in HIM 2018 was given to three members. This award was instituted in the year 2011, and presented every year to the professionals who excelled in the HIM profession.
Conclusion: The Conference was a grand success due to the extraordinary efforts of organizing committee, all the participants applauded that “papers presented were of high standard” the same was published in the newspapers.
Gen. Secretary – HIMA India
Deputy National Director of HIMAI for IFHIMA